Friday, May 25, 2012

Jeju Island: Day 1

Okay! Now that things have settled down, I'll write a briefing of the trip to Jeju Island, which was from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday evening.

Tuesday afternoon we arrived at the Gimpo Airport by bus and subway. We took the Eastar Jet airline to Jejudo Island and hopped on a tour bus to place of attraction.

STARBUUUCKS!... I want iced caramel mocha :(



Our first stop was a nameless place as far as I could tell, but it had a renovated traditional Korean Buddhist temple and a hill behind it that resembled a grave site with many tomb stones. At the top, we had a panoramic view of the area surrounding the Jeju International Airport. There were fields of barley wherever there weren't hay-covered houses, airport grounds, or temples.



After this place we made our way to Love Land. Now please be mindful for what this stands for. Stupid me. I didn't think about it till I saw the sign myself... and then when I entered the park. I made it halfway through and then turned around. As a warning, I DID post some pictures from this park, so use your own discretion... Lolz!! Embarrassing... and these are even less embarrassing than ones that I won't post for now.



















Next stop, dinner. Having been spoiled by my aunt's cooking the food was hardly palatable. Upon reaching the White Beach hotel, I was disappointed with the amenities. There were only hand towels available, no shampoo, a one-inch-long bar of soap, men's cologne, and a flimsy comb. Now I don't know much about the Korean hotels, but I would think that they would at least have the courtesy to offer a bigger soap bar, shampoo and conditioner, and body towels instead of hand towels. I know Asians are petite but not THAT petite!... no wait, Asians are getting bigger than we are now aren't they?...



When I got ready for bed, I went to the door to lock and latch it, and to my surprise, I realized that there was no lock to the door. The only lock was the door-knob that could be opened easily from the other side with the key we were given to enter in the first place. At this rate the hotel employees could come in and steal what we had while we slept or worse!....... I turned around and entered the bedroom from the mini-hall and ran into another door with a similar issue. It had one of those push-in locks that if you stuck a wire through it and pushed on the other end, you could easily get in. Hmph... Either there are no burglaries here, or there are TONS and nobody cares. I concluded that I should keep all valuables at my head and leave most of my clothes on in case of fight or flight.



Good night world...

No comments:

Post a Comment